BEYOND THE BULLYING....M.A.D. (Making A Difference)
Model: Lyda hartley Photo Credit Ella Lynn Photography
Sponsored by Beyond the Moon Magazine & Child, Tween, Teen Magazine
BEYOND THE BULLYING......M.A.D. (Making A Difference)
Anti-bullying group. You are not alone; we care and will try to help and support you.
Group Goals: 1. Raise awareness of the role that a group plays in maintaining bullying Increase empathy toward victims 2, Promote strategies to support the victim and to support children’s self-efficacy to use those strategies 3, Increase children.teen skills in coping when they are victimize 4. Be a support system. 5. We will listen.
2-D Art: All students in 7th - 12th grade can create a 2-D work of art based on this year’s anti-bullying theme. Any combination of paint, pencil, ink, crayon, marker, collage, etc. is acceptable.
*****3-D works cannot be accepted.
Photo: Students in 9th grade - 12th grade and College may also choose to enter photography.
Photography can be either black and white or color.
Photos created using digital manipulation are acceptable.
Sizes and Formats:
• All 2-D artworks no smaller than 8 1⁄2”x 11” and no larger than 11”x 14”. Photos will be printed no smaller than 8”x 10” and no larger than 11”x 14”. Do not mat or frame artwork.
1. Students currently attending any high school within the United States are eligible to participate.
2. Please include the student’s name, grade, and school with each entry.
3. Student artwork must be original and have been completed by the student and in no way use images that may infringe on other copyrighted materials.
4. Artwork must be created within the sizes and formats mentioned Art
****The use of photos that portray real bullying taking place are prohibited.
Selection: Student entry levels: 7th grade - 12th grade and College
• March 5 – Artwork due to Gumdrop Magazine.
• March 9–13 Artwork will be judged by contest officials.
• March 16-20 –Winners will be notified.
• Mar 23 – Winners will be announced on our Facebook page and website.
Each student is challenged to develop a visual image, photo or video that best represents this year’s theme: Stand Up & Make A Difference. All forms of artwork or photography remain the property of the contest partners and will not be returned.
Winner will receive a $25 gift card, be published in the next Gumdrop issue and appear on our Facebook page and website.